Sunday 27 October 2013

My Autumn Essentials



Hello my lovelies! How is your week going? Hope it's going well for you, and that you're not too cold... it's flipping freezing up North where I live! I can't decide how I feel about it - I love autumn as I've said, and I do prefer the cold whether to the hot, but when I'm standing at the bus stop every morning I'm not too sure! Anyway, I thought that today I'd like to post about the essential products that are getting me through these cold months, since I love reading these kinds of posts. I hope you enjoy my essentials, and let me know in the comments what your essentials are!



  • First of all - candles. Candles are the best thing about Autumn, I think, because not only do they smell delicious, but they also give your room such a homely/comfy feeling. My favourite one has to be Vanilla Cupcake by Yankee Candle, which is beautifully sweet and the scent lingers for such a long time. The burner above is also from Yankee, and I recieved it as a gift for passing my driving test in June. You put one of the tarts in the top, and then just a simple tealight underneath. (Tart £1.25, Burner £6.65, both Yankee Candle.)
  • Next, moisturiser! I love this Soap&Glory Smoothie Star Body Milk, because it smells of delicious honey and almonds, which is a perfect warm scent for winter. It's also a great consistency, because it's thick enough to be really moisturising, but it doesn't feel heavy or leave your skin feeling sticky. (£10, Boots)
  • My next favourite product is this bath and shower gel, That Vanilla Moment by Treacle Moon. This smells a little like the Vanilla Cupcake candle I mentioned above, and is such a lovely thing to use a burning hot shower at the end of a cold day. However, not only is it a body wash, but you can also pour it into the bath to make a bubble bath! (£3, Tesco)
  • And now, last but not least, is a yummy body spray - and yet again it's vanilla scented. Sorrynotsorry. Anyway, the perfume I'm talking about is The Body Shop Vanilla Body Mist. It's a very light fragrance, so it's easy to wear for day-to-day use, but I've recieved so many compliments while I'm wearing it. If you want a little bit of winter in a bottle, you've got it right here. (£7.50, The Body Shop)




So, onwards and upwards! Ignore the candle, I couldn't resist keeping it in the second picture too.
  • Next up, it's really important to keep all your skin moisturised, and that includes your face. I like to use the Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturiser, because it's really hydrating but it doesn't feel too heavy on my skin. The cold weather and the wind can leave our skin feeling pretty battered, but this really helps to sort it out! (£3-3.50, all drugstores)
  • The next two products are both lip products, so I'll squeeze them into the same bullet point. Anyway, there are two important types of lip products - the ones that moisturise and the ones that add colour. For moisturising, I love the Maybelline Babylips, especially in Peach Kiss or Pink Punch. They're very hydrating, but they also add a tint of colour. I bring these to college and they're really easy to apply throughout the day without a mirror. I really want to get the red one too, since at the moment I only have the two above shades. My next favourite lip look in winter is red lips! My favourite red lipstick has got to be the Miss Sporty Perfect Colour Lipstick in Malaga, because it lasts for so long, and is a super pigmented colour. I can put this on in the morning before going to college, and it can last for most of the day. So if you're looking for the perfect red lip, this is the one for you. (Maybelline Babylips, £2.99; Miss Sporty Lipstick, £2.59, both all drugstores)
  • Finally, I couldn't help but through in my favourite winter films - Bridget Jones' Diaries! These are the best films to watch while you're snuggled up in your onesie under a duvet on the sofa, drinking hot chocolate and eating a tub of Ben&Jerry's (just me?)


I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know what you thought in the comments!
Love, Emma 


No comments:

Post a Comment